profitability in the process.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience1 – 2 years
- Job FieldBuilding and Construction
The Facility Manager is responsible for assuring successful operation and function of DSL building and work equipment in support of its mission. The position is responsible for completing and/or overseeing maintenance of all systems for plumbing, electrical, heating ventilation air conditioning, security, telecommunications, sound, lighting, fire safety, digital recording and every work-related equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a data base and records of materials (spare parts, e.tc.) on-premises in the store.
- Compute figures from records, such as delivery records, purchase invoices to obtain current inventory
- Inspect and vet received materials and supplies for quality and quantity against invoices and requisitions
- Ensure adequate filing of receipt of all items that have been ordered and purchased by the company in conjunction with the Auditor.
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Prepares list of depleted items (working with cleaners and drivers) and makes recommendation for purchase
- Assists the HR/admin with the supervision and organization of other office activities (cleaning, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Ensure that all the necessary amenities are functioning at optimal capacity as well as monitoring the switching on and off of all equipment including generators after work hours.
- Create and keep records of servicing of all equipment including machines
- Ensure that there are at least 2 quotes from vendor/suppliers or artisans.
- Create a prompt and effective system for repairs and replacement processes
- Accessibility round the clock and constantly monitoring
- Liase with our service providers (internet)
- Carry out periodic fumigation of the work premises
- Carry out a facility condition assessment of the company buildings to evaluate the level of differed maintenance
- Routine check on the air compressor and electric motor working with workshop machineries and pressing irons for DSL operations
- Work with the Head, HR & Admin to conduct regular assessment of facilities in all locations to determine items that are due for replacement of repairs and initiate appropriate action
- Ensure that company facilities meet environmental, health and security standards and comply with government regulations
- Ensure proper handover of new facilities by the vendors are supported by appropriate documentation such as operation and maintenance documentation, manual, drawings and wiring/cabling schedules, floor plans, furniture layout etc.
- Technical and Engineering skill to understand how buildings and equipment works
- Interpersonal and communication skill
- Planning and project management skill
- Financial planning and negotiating skill
- Degree in Business Administration from a reputable University
- At least 1-2 years post NYSC experience in the same role.
- Preferably male
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.