Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, pre-degree programme for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Candidates Eligible to Apply for UNIZIK Pre-Science Admission.
Candidates intending to apply must register for the 2019 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination.
The minimum academic qualification is five O’ Level credits which will include English, Mathematics and any other three relevant science subjects in SSCE, NECO, GCE and NABTEB at not more than two sittings. The candidate must also satisfy the basic O’Level requirements for the department into which he or she is seeking admission. For example where Chemistry is a basic requirement as in the case of Medicine the candidate must satisfy that requirement at O’Level.
UNIZIK Pre-Science Courses.
The Pre-Science Programme is only for candidates who are interested in the following Faculties/ Departments
i) Faculty of Bio-Sciences
a. Department of Botany
b. Department of Parasitology & Entomology
c. Department of Zoology
d. Department of Applied Biochemistry
e. Department of Applied Micro-biology and Brewing.
culty of Physical Sciences
a. Department of Geological Sciences
b. Department of Mathematics
c. Department of Computer Sciences
d. Department of Statistics
e. Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry
f. Department of Pure and Industrial Physics
iii) Faculty of Medicine
iv) Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
v) Faculty of Health Sciences and Technology
a. Medical Laboratory Sciences
c. Medical Rehabilitation/Physiotherapy
vi) Faculty of Engineering and Technology
a. Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
b. Department of Civil Engineering
c. Department of Mechanical Engineering
d. Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
e. Department of Metallurgical/Material Engineering
f. Department of Chemical Engineering
g. Department of Polymer Engineering
h. Department of Electrical Engineering
vii) Faculty of Environmental Sciences
a. Department of Architecture
b. Department of Building
c. Department of Estate Management
d. Department of Survey and Geoinformatics
e. Department of Geography & Meteorology
f. Department of Environmental Management
g. Department of Quantity Survey
Faculty of Education
a. Department of Technical Education with Options in
* Woodwork and Building Technology
* Mechanical and Automobile Technology
* Electrical and Electronic Technology
b. Department of Science Education with options in
* Science Education/ Biology
* Science Education/ Physics
* Science Education/ Chemistry
* Science Education/ Computer Science
* Science Education / Integrated Science
ix. Faculty of Agriculture
a. Department of Agric Economics
b. Department of Food Science
c. Department of Crop Science and Horticulture
d. Department of Soil Science
e. Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
f. Department of Animal Sciences and Technology
g. Department of Forestry and Wild Life Management
How to Apply for UNIZIK Pre-Science Admission.
The form can be purchased in any of the banks nationwide at a cost of N8, 000.00 (Eight Thousand naira) only.
Sale of forms commences on 15th October, 2018. The following procedure should be adopted by the candidates:-
- Visit portal.unizik.edu.ng/prescience
- Click on “Create Account”
- On the form enter your email, phone number, password, select the access level and click on “submit”
- Your login details will be sent to your email address instantly
- Continue with the application by logging in with the login credentials sent to your email.
- After successful login, click on Step One, click on Generate Application Form RRR
- Print the RRR (Remita) page; proceed to any bank of your choice nationwide to make a payment of N8, 000 only.
- Login to the portal, click on Step Two, click on Confirm Payment, enter the RRR number and click on verify payment. If payment confirmation is successful, or if you get notification payment already verified, then proceed to Step Three.
- Click on Step Three, click on Fill Application Form, Fill out the application Form. You can save each stage of the application and continue at a later time. Also you can edit your information as often possible. However, once you submit your application, you cannot edit again.
- Check the “I Agree” box and click on “Submit”
- Print out the Application Form as your copy.
Deadline: Not Specified.